From sweet pastries to savory meals, it is without a doubt that Cebu is indeed the best place for food! Remember when we said that Cebuanos love everything roasted? Another food item Cebu takes pride for is their signature Liempo that immediately melts in your mouth. With several liempo brands in Cebu, here’s why the Best Liempo in Cebu belongs to….
Established in July 2009 by Jojo and Honey Vergara, Balamban Liempo started from scratch. Co-owner, Honey Vergara, grew up in Abucayan, Balamban where the town is known for being a farming and fishing municipality.
As the town also has their method of grilling Liempo, the couple decided to share with the rest of the province the distinct and flavorful taste of their Liempo.
Over the span of a decade, the simple hole-in-a-wall stall is now an established liempo brand all around the country. And since 2018, they’ve been crowned as the Best Liempo in Cebu by Sunstar’s Best of Cebu. Here are the food items that are crowd-favorites of Cebuanos!
For those unfamiliar with Liempo, it is a pork belly cut roasted on a metal rod over a coal-lit fire, similar to how lechon manok is cooked. It is seasoned with a variety of spices and herbs to get a flavorful piece of liempo.
The crackling, golden brown skin creates a combination of crisp and crunch is the perfect pair to very tender succulent pork belly meat. They take their slogan of “Tastier than Lechon” to a whole new level!
Although Balamban Liempo is already dubbed as the Best Liempo in Cebu, they don’t only serve liempo to the general public. They also have their own version of Lechon Manok which is called the Balambanok.
Just like the liempo, it creates the perfect balance for lip-smacking goodness that you can never get tired of!
SAVORY GOODNESS IN ONE BITE
Good food is a way to interact with people. A small family or friend gathering wouldn’t be complete without liempo as a main dish. Make the best conversations over a bite of the Best Liempo in Cebu. After a bite, you’ll definitely come back for more!
BALAMBAN LIEMPO’S CONTACT DETAILS
Branches in Cebu:
- Ayala – 4th Floor Ayala Food Choice Ayala Center Cebu
- Banawa – P Duterte St. Banawa Cebu City
- Bogo – Colon St. Bogo City
- Bulacao – Prince Warehouse Bulacao Cebu City
- Calawisan – Babag 1 Corner Calawisan
- Cortes – Cabahug St. Ibabao Mandaue City
- Escario – Escario St. Cebu City
- Guadalupe – V. Rama Cebu City
- Katipunan – Katipunan St. Brgy. Tisa Cebu City
- Liloan – Bagong Dan Liloan Cebu
- Minglanilla – Minglanilla Proper Cebu City
- Naga – Poblacion Naga City
- Pagsabungan – Basak St Pagsabungan Cebu
- Pakigne – Pakigne Minglanilla Cebu
- Paknaan – Plaridel St. Paknaan Mandaue City
- Panagdait – F Cabahug St. Kasambagan Cebu City
- Punta – F Llamas St. Punta Princesa Cebu City
- Talamban 1 – Piazza Elisea Nasipit Talamban
- Talamban 2 – Minoza St. Cor Kauswagan Rd Cebu City
- Marigondon – Marigondon, Lapu-Lapu City
- Guadalupe 2 – Guadalupe Cebu City
- Pusok – Pusok Lapu-Lapu City
- Sangi – Sangi Toledo City
- Nivel Hills – Nivel Hills, Lahug Cebu City
- Tejero – Brgy Tejero Cebu City
- Lahug – Salinas Drive, Lahug Cebu City
- Tabunok – Tabunok, Talisay City
- Marigondon – Cadulang, Marigondon
- Carcar – P. Nellas St. Poblacion Carcar
- Danao – F Rallota St. Poblacion Danao City
- Argao – Poblacion Argao Cebu
- Dalaguete – Poblacion Dalaguete
- Dumlog – Dumlog Talisay City
- Centre Mall – J. Centre Mall 3rd Floor Mandaue City
- Padilla – C. Padilla Jai Alai Cebu City
- Sugtungan Basak- Sugtungan Basak Lapu Lapu City
- Lapu-Lapu – Maximo Patalinghug Ave Lapulapu City
- Mohon – Upper Mohon Talisay City
- Mitsumi Danao – Sabang, Danao City
- Casuntingan – 828 L. Quezon St. Casuntingan Mandaue City
- Jubay, Liloan – Jubay Liloan Cebu City
Contact Number: 0916 514 6144
Social Media: Facebook