The LANDBANK Gawad Patnubay (Gawad Pag-aaral Tungo sa Maunlad na Bayan) or GP Scholarship Program is an education-to-employment project aimed to support underprivileged but qualified students who intend to specialize in agriculture and fishery.
ABOUT THE SCHOLARSHIP
Through excellent education, the program seeks to build skills in contemporary agriculture, reignite a passion for the agricultural industry, promote sustainable development, and eliminate poverty in rural areas. Since then, the scholarship program has accomplished the following:
The following benefits are available to LANDBANK scholars:
Approximately 8,000 LANDBANK workers contribute a minimum of one hour of their income on the last working day of the year to fund the program’s financial aid.
Furthermore, LANDBANK contributes 50% of the overall financing for the formal education program, allowing the program to serve 110 scholars each school year.
Agriculture students enrolled in our 17 partner state colleges and universities are eligible for the scholarship program:
E2E INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
The Gawad Patnubay Scholarship Program includes an Education-to-Employment (E2E) internship component in addition to educational support. E2E provides chances for scholars to prepare for life after graduation and attempts to place them in agriculture-related occupations after the program.
Following successful completion of the program, the scholars will engage in a 10-week intensive internship program at the LANDBANK Head Office in Manila, which will include three weeks of lectures, seminars, and professional and personality development activities. Scholars will also participate in 7 weeks of fieldwork at LANDBANK or other partner institutions.
Since 2015, 68 of the 74 alumni have completed the E2E Internship Program and are presently employed by the following organizations, among others:
LANDBANK GP Scholarship Program Qualifications
The Gawad Patnubay Scholarship Program may be open to the following individuals:
- Must be Filipino citizens.
- Have gone through initial screening procedures of partner universities (e.g., entrance exams, submission of required documents, and preliminary interviews, which are standard requirements for enrollment).
- Preferably dependents of active members of cooperatives of small farmers and fishers currently being assisted by LANDBANK or LCDFI, or of Agrarian Reform Beneficiaries (ARBs) and Agrarian Reform Communities (ARCs).
- Must be students pursuing BS Agriculture, BS Fisheries or any agriculture-related disciplines.
- With a general weighted average (GWA) of at least 2.5 or its equivalent in each semester, with no grades lower than 3.0 or its equivalent in any subject.
- Must not be enjoying any other financial assistance, grant, or scholarship from other external sources (e.g., foundations, government and private scholarships, pre-need educational plans).
- Annual total family income must not exceed PHP 300,000.00 as stated in their BIR Income Tax Return (ITR), with exemptions on a case-to-case basis as may be determined by the Selection Committee. For example, parents with six (6) or more children may have an income that could exceed PHP 300,000.00 yet still qualify for the scholarship.
HOW TO APPLY the LANDBANK GP Scholarship Program
LandBank Application Form may be Downloaded through this link.
The requirements upon submission are the following:
- Duly filled-out scholarship application form
- Photocopy of the certified true copy of birth certificate PSA certified birth certificate
- Two 2”x 2” ID photos
- Medical certificate
- Photocopy of recent ITR of parents or BIR certificate of tax exemption
- Certified true copy of grades:
– For incoming 1st year – secondary student’s permanent records or Form 137 with GWA not lower than 85 or its equivalent and no failing grades in any subject; and supporting document/s stating that the applicant has passed the partner school’s entrance exam
– For incoming 2nd year to 3rd year college – summary of grades with a GWA of 2.5 per semester or its equivalent with no grade below 3.0 or its equivalent in any subject
- Certificate of good moral character coming from the school or university’s Office of Student Affairs
- One letter of recommendation from a previous teacher/professor
- Current resumé and list of activities, awards, and honors
- 500-word essay on “Why I am pursuing an agriculture-related career”
- Barangay clearance from the applicant’s home barangay’
Apply For LandBank — LandBank Application
For more information on the latest SCHOLARSHIPS and HIRING available, you can check our SCHOLARSHIPS and HIRING posts. You can also check these latest scholarships available: